Saturday, November 28, 2009

bang zoom

ok so lets see...

it's november 28th, not counting thanksgiving which was my "free pass", i have successfully made it to this day sober. this of course means i only have 2 days left, which will clearly not be a problem. now what i could see people taking issue with is the fact that i got a free pass, and rightfully so. i mean that is kind of bullshit. but that being said i had made it 25 days, which is like over a month in business days.

other things that have happened...

whilst in florida i started playing a little bit of tennis again. it has been three years. this fact was only further driven home today when i was hitting with nicole when she decided to look to see when the last time my racquet was strung, which was apparently sometime in 2006. that is not a good sign. however, i am hitting pretty well for taking such a long break, so thats nice.

lastly, and moderately important, i have started working in the kitchen finally. approximately twice a week i make southwest american salads, and plate appetizers as well as desserts. little known fact about myself, but i do not speak spanish. in some ways this has become quite a barrier in a kitchen in which i am the lone monolingual speaker of the english variety. i dont imagine my work associates were too thrilled with this gringa when she melted an entire gallon of garlic butter directly into the open refrigerator where we keep our chilled salad bowls. luckily for me i couldnt understand all of the shit i can only assume was being talked about me.
also on a work related note, it has come to my attention yet again that smiling and i are at odds. both in the kitchen and serving, it appears that my hospitality is of a marginal rating. thankfully my higher ups have noticed i may not be alone, and have created "hospitality 2010". what i can only imagine will be an amazing 2 hours of my life. this seminar, i truly believe, will take me to a place beyond outstanding. dont worry, i think it would be safe to assume i will have things to comment on about this, so you can be looking for that on tuesday.

anywho thats probably all for now. i need to shower the tennis off of me.


1 comment: