Thursday, April 1, 2010

school

so if you're wondering, ive done it. im all moved in. now of course when i got here to my luxury dorm, and began unpacking my belongings i realized i hadnt the foresight to bring blankets or pillows, or any sort of academic utensil. you know like a pencil...

but in only one brief target trip (by brief i do mean for myself, my mother and grandmother might have seen the situation differently) ive got all i need, with one glaring exception. a coffee mug. now you might be saying, "hey anne why dont you just go buy a coffee mug that they most assuredly have in the book store" but then i would say, "no thats an awful idea, because they are $11" sooo basically what i am positing to you is that i would like a coffee mug. you could be that person who will supply me with one. and then think of the possibilities, every morning as i wake up and turn on my black and decker single pot coffee machine, and load it with whatever fucking awful folgers blend i bought, i will be forced to think of you fondly. its a great way to get, and to stay in my good graces, dont you think?

ok i will find my address:

Anne Alexander
CBN #422
1946 Campus Drive
Hyde Park, NY, 12538

excellent.

now, on to a little about me here at school, for those that care. yesterday, we received our class schedules and by the grace of god i didnt test into remedial math. that may sound a little down on my math abilities, but thats not really how i think of it. i just like to think that my math abilities totally exist, we just arent well acquainted. but apparently no matter. we also got our knife kits, which is awesome. i dont know why everyone doesnt just go to college this way. we have wine and beer clubs, and we get knives. this sounds way better than three strikes youre out at CU. lastly, yes i have made some friends. i know it was a shock to me as well. as befitting a young lady of my sensibilities, all of my 5 friends thus far are boys. one of them was actually cooking at brabo in old town (alexandria) before this. we make a lot of rape jokes, which are hilarious until i realized im the only one that is potentially going to get raped, so maybe not. we smoke cigarettes and drink beers. sometimes they talk about football, which you know, thank god for my new years resolution or i would be even more lost. and they are all way better cooks than i am, but they seem like the people to know.

so that about wraps it up so far. i start class today at 4. food safety, followed by gastronomy. and then tomorrow i have culinary math and product knowledge. fun stuff.

im going to try to update a little more frequently than i had been, so moms and what not can read up on me, so check back often.

anne

1 comment:

  1. I almost hesitated to comment on your update, since I never get credit or love for my posts. Everyone in Cincinnati is totally rooting for your success. Josh Blatman is on his way to personally film your exploits for a new reality show called "Anne-chovies" - it's kind of a Top Chef meets Jon&Kate plus 8...

    Anyways, you better sharpen those knife skillz cuz the next time I am in the same metropolitan area as you I expect a meal to make up for your huge social error of not seeing me the other week.

    best,
    Eric

    ReplyDelete