Monday, August 18, 2008

groovy

hi everyone
ive been extremely remiss in my blogging lately
i totally outlined two whole blogs, one on my trip to southern mass (no not boston), and the other on how my family is polite (it was relevant and interesting i promise).
im pretty sure those arent ever going to see the light of day (well i could resurrect the second one at some point, but i probably wont), so i figured id just start on a whole new topic.

so this past saturday night i stay in right, which has so not been me lately, really im the opposite of that. and i cant tell if its because the novelty of being home has worn off and im actually settling back in, or that taking just one day off of partying made me reevaluate my whole life but goooooodness was i manic. i made perhaps the longest to do list ive made in quite some time, and if you know me well you know i love my damned to-do lists. this one is entitled "things to do before school starts: fall semester 2008" (i always like them to have really official titles because it makes whatevers on them, like say "buy pens!", sound really important) well of course i went a little overboard and it contains things like "look into summer internships" with a list of several options i think would make sense...10 months out. there are also several subcategories and ive noted on what day at what time i should be trying to accomplish these tasks. like take today for example. 1. i asked barb to pick up my school books 2. i found someone to cover my thursday morning shift so i can a. go out wednesday night like a proper lady and b. get my military id thursday mid-afternoon so i dont lose my medical insurance (that would be bad) 3. 411ed navy federal to setup a bank account so i have a local branch i can visit with my cash money 4. 411ed the dcjcc so i could sign up for jewish cooking classes (hopefully with older well connected jews - this is directly linked to my summer internship search) in the fall, of course she was out of town so i had to leave a very detailed message and i made sure to include that i used to live in israel because its impressive 5. tried to find someone to cover my sunday which they are refusing to do, but its my 21st birthday so they have to.

that fifth and final task today brings me to my next point. i am very literally teetering on the edge of a precipice i legitimately at one time thought might never come. 21. and you know what, im extremely underwhelmed. for the last approximately 20years and 350ish days ive been talking about and planning the most spectacular party week ever. and then all of the sudden i almost could not care less. school starts monday and i have this enormous list to tackle now, plus we are all pretty aware that not being 21 hasnt really impeded my life at all. all i can really think thats changing is that jacks is going to have to serve me again, and they only havent been for like maybe a month and a half. thats not so much build up you know. anyways getting older sucks. im going to pretend to be 17 until im 40 and then i might be 16, who knows!

point being: my immediate family (discluding michael) is incredibly polite, im almost 21, i like to-do lists, time flies, dare to dream


i love you all

goodnight
anne banann

1 comment:

  1. Anne
    First of all, great blog entry. Bipolar, yet cohesive. Second, brilliant idea on the cooking classes with well-connected older jews. As we well know, nepotism is alive and well in the Jewish community. Take advantage... and Israel has probably prepared you well - everyone loves a good "shabbat shalom" on friday afternoon.

    I'm taking the lsats october 4th and planning a dc trip for the weekend after to stay with my cousin and go to nice dinners and have a general good time. You are invited to all of my activities and/or plan me activities. peace.

    ReplyDelete