Wednesday, November 12, 2008

reason for living

so my health has kind of been down in the dumps the last couple of days, but seeing as i ultimately think its more important that i take my mini-vacay this weekend than focusing on my schoolwork i decided to rest all day and drink lots of medium pulp orange juice, hot tea and i made my mother get me some delicious pho from my favorito vietnamese restaurant. now im feeling significantly better and williamsburg plans are in full swing for friday. as if that werent good news enough today was the day ive been waiting for for approximately an entire year. i can think of only 3 other people in the world that were as excited as i was. so heres to you ericka leore and seth.

top chef new york premiered tonight

i think even if i hadnt seen all the previews and the countdown on perezhilton my body would have just naturally gravitated to the television set at 10 pm EST tonight because it would have felt the magnetic pull of cables favorite cooking show. members of my family kept trying to ask me questions about annoying things like my health while i was watching, and were met with the volume bars going up on the tv. i dont have time to chit chat about my phlegm levels when tom colicchio of craft is on screen woman. this season is already intense, they sent this cute little muffin of a girl home before she even saw their loft, i mean her food was bo-ring but she did have fun confessional commentary. whatever, the thing i love most, well not most because thats impossible to quantify, but one of the things i love the most about top chef is that they really try to keep around the highest level of competition as opposed to characters who are entertaining, not that this is always the case (i.e. keeping lisa over antonia in the finale last season) but the panel seems to be pretty dead set on making sure whatever they are eating for the night is going to be the best possible.

side: how much do you envy padma gail ted and tom, like this is basically their lives: wake up, look cute, decide to live in san fran/miami/chicago/new york for a few months, eat delicious foods all day with your friends and talk about how it could be better, look cute, decide to take the people youve decided makes the food you like the best on a vacation to cook for you, invite some really interesting well accomplished world famous chefs to dine with you and your friends, choose a really fabulous venue, enjoy gourmet meals and ripping them apart, again looking cute, probably laughing a little bit, having all around the MOST FUN EVER. basically what im saying is, if youve ever wondered what it is that i want to do with my life its just exactly this. EXACTLY.

anyways i thought sending patrick home was the right thing to do in the end, the kid looked like an idiot and i dont imagine that changing too much throughout the season. although if it matters i did text in and vote for team rainbow over team european duo because those guys are douche bags. as far as the rest of the cast (i read everyones bios like forever ago so if you arent up to date on their lives you might want to do that) lets see i like leah cohen the asian jew from new york because how could i not i basically wish i were her, on my way to being a part of the panel of course, i like hosea of jax in boulder, i like gene from hawaii, i think carla from dc is kind of batshit crazy but i really like hearing someone say "giiiiirlll" in any context, and i might like jamie shes my wildcard right now. ugh its going to be such an intense next few months. i need to join some sort of support group since i dont have any of my faithful followers here with me any more.


hugs and kisses kittens
anne

edit: omg i like really want someone to call me right now, ok so for texting in my vote during the show i got a 99 cent credit to use in the download store at bravotv.com so as you might have been able to guess i selected to top chef theme song as my ringtone. i almost picked padmas voice but it was like a little too sexual it made me kind of uncomfortable to think about listening to as like an alarm clock or something thats what i have foxy brown for

2 comments:

  1. although i regret to inform you that i do not share your obsession for top chef (please dont hurt me or send anthrax in the mail to my house), i did HIGHLY enjoy this posting. While reading your paragraph that so accurately described the glamorous lives of the panel, I had this fab mental image of you doing all those things. It made me laugh. Because it's so suiting and you would be in your ELEMENT.

    PS: It's sad thinking about being in Israel and not being able to go to lunch with you. You always made the best food choices. I'll just have to resort to consulting with you a day ahead of time via skype about my meal choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i definitely share an obsession for top chef, except my mom doesn't have cable. So, with that said.. I want to marry tom colicchio, rub the top of his head, hang out in a kitchen with him, anything; padma is too beautiful. I mean, even her scar makes her more beautiful.

    i'm making friends dvr it for me so i can watch it.

    ReplyDelete