Wednesday, March 4, 2009

movin on up

im sitting on campus eating a horrible sandwich right now.  i made it myself.  i dont even understand what happened to me this morning.




i almost dont want tell you whats on it, but its so terrible its funny.  


2 slices generic imitation-wheat white bread

wegmans brand hard salami

wegmans brand deli sliced swiss

plochmans yellow mustard

- and the kicker -

miracle whip


i mean seriously this sandwich was god awful, but not even that can keep my spirits down because IT has happened. 


what IT is this zealously capitalized it i speak of you ask


well after months of badgering anyone who would listen to me kvetch about how i should be a coach and shift-leader at work, i have finally been approached with step one: “the coaches passport”.  i KNEW they needed me.  how could I possibly be a  regular server.  im honestly just surprised that the restaurant was able to function thus far without me in a position of nominal power.  dear washingtonian, thanks for rating us #99 out of 100 best this year - we’re coming for you next year with me at the helm.  i already know that im going to look back on the days when i was “one of them” and think - “that was so long ago, i dont even remember what its like to be so regular” and then me and all of my other friends (presumably upper management) will laugh and go to our secret shift leaders fort in the labyrinth of garage level b1.


two notes:

1.)  approached might not be the accurate term for “shannon can i please be a coach please please?” and “i guess anne”

2.) i dont feel like filling out this passport, its kind of absurd and i really do only work like 2 days a week - maybe this is why they kept saying no to me.  i have to list all of my positive and negative attributes as an employee and human being, then come up with “strategies” on how to solve my deepest seeded issues.  i also have to do a follow shift.  which means that a server who is training and being followed by a coach will also be being followed by me.  

 

this is what that looks like to the diner: server, back-up server, back-up back-up server all peering over their table and discussing loudly the things they did wrong and could have done better.  way to instill confidence in your patrons.



as there often is: the silver lining


BLACK CHERRY CITRUS FRESCA

1 comment:

  1. I think I should just quit now because soon, if not already, you will surpass me.

    ReplyDelete