Wednesday, August 26, 2009

changes

ugh im 22. aging isnt for sissies, as my grandmother would say. luckily for me in her infinite depression she has been able to spare a few minutes to spread her negativity to me on my birthday. as i lay there on my blow up mattress hovering mere inches off the hardwood floor i listened to how the golden years are comprised of death and boredom. i realized i may not be getting out of this bed, as assuredly my bones had weakened, and my joints cemented shut irreparably whilst sleeping and my 21 rolling ahead a digit. miracles of miracles somehow 22 doesnt feel too different from 21. however i did have one of my meltdowns, or epiphanies depending on how well you know and or like me.

in the last two days i have dropped out of school (again) pending paperwork - but everyone knows i am white enough to be a wizard at all things involving red tape and bureaucracy - and have begun the application process at two culinary schools. one here in the great state of new york, the other in the second city. big life changes shouldnt be given too much thought. everyone knows that.

but like seriously who really knows whats going on.

a


ps imagine being my parents...i know right

No comments:

Post a Comment