Monday, July 21, 2008

i got my crabs at captain pells

home from work and loungin in the den with my moms watching some what not to wear, that somehow sparked her mentioning to me she wishes she could throw me and that she was the most "physical" with me growing up. and i quote "do you remember the time i dragged you up the stairs?"

uncomfortable...quick segue...


so i remember mentioning that id include some fun work anecdotes in a previous entry, heres my first one:

woman (who may or may not have had aspergers so this is potentially not funny/even funnier?(anne youre awful)): do you have any low alcohol beers?
me: why indeed we do
woman: can i please have one?
me: absolutely, can i see your id maam?
woman: oh well ha, heavens me im going to be 32 next week
me: well you just wouldnt know it, you dont look a day over 26
woman: oh well thank you darling, you look pretty young yourself...you could pass for 28.
me: oh...thanks... *forced smile as her asian dining guests apologized to me*

and that was the time in which a valued guest, who drinks low alcohol beers mind you, told me that i could possibly pass for looking as young as 28. i look really good in my uniform.

today was my first unsupervised shift on the floor. it was surprisingly really fun. now i know that im the kind of person that really only likes to do things for somewhere right around four months, but i think at the very least its going to be a really fun four months. i think i didnt do terribly and the people were relatively enjoyable...also no one told me that i was a decade older than i am so that was nice. although one man, who we will just say comes from a country where tipping obviously doesnt occur, left me 21 cents. that says cents. cents dont buy much of anything. actually cents dont buy anything i feel like. thats not even enough for a gumball. not that id want a gumball, but for fucksake lets say i did, well i couldnt have one. i would legitimately have to beg 4 cents off of someone else, someone who made more than 21 cents at their table i suppose.




well whatever, with the rest of the money that i actually did make im going out for a FANCY CRAB FEAST with paul-e wall-e (thats a cultural reference nickname right there friends) at captain pells fairfax crabhouse (not to be confused with captain pells bareback crabhouse where danielle is going this evening). im very excited, and i deserve it. god i think highly of myself. i hope my crabs arent from maryland, even though theyre meant to be delicious and superiour to our virginia crabs maryland is dirty, and im not and i hate maryland.

double tomorrow.
we'll talk soon



anne

1 comment: