Friday, February 20, 2009

back to basics

i picked up at work tonight to make a little extra dough before my chi-town spring break adventure

heres how that went for me:
i sliced open one of my fingers picking up broken shards of appetizer plates one of the other servers dropped (which i did not notice until i was back out on the floor walking through my row of tables and noticed my hand was wet) this resulted in me having to change bandaids approximately every twenty minutes as i would soak through them and the server standard finger condom became red from the inside out. during this period of time all of my tables were closed and i got blood all over my shirt. normal.

grabbed the credit card and receipt off of one of my neighbors tables to help him out, placed it in my serving book, forgot about it, ran a bunch of errands for another table, took dirty dishes back to the kitchen, ran food and went to the restroom. then was approached by another server who had been accosted by the table, who was horrified about the 10 minutes that had passed and the bitch of a server who was obviously stealing their credit card information in the bathroom.

averaged 16% tips for the night (of which we tip out 17% on our bills no matter what). imagine how bad some of them must have been assuming at least a few were actually 20%.

had a table of men who kept telling me i must have been having an exciting night because i had spilled some on my breasts and they would try not to stare, but it would be difficult and they would be watching me all night long. they also tipped me 16%. i guess my boobs arent that great.

was the last regular server there as the closers were already leaving because a table of two sitting in my section since 930 didnt think it necessary to get up at 1245. this is after we closed at midnight and they had paid already.

was denied being allowed to order food once done with all responsibilities, save cleaning above last table, because it makes the closers upset and its a rule.

then watched several other regular servers enjoying their meals, realizing i should have asked a different manager and that apparently "fanatical attention to consistency and detail" perhaps can have different meanings.



anyways, it did finally end. home at 230. perfect. all in all a success. at least i didnt spend money tonight.


anne

1 comment:

  1. glad to see finger condoms still get used! we have them at work, and everyone pretty much thinks they're a joke. good for you for using protection! :O)

    ReplyDelete