Monday, February 16, 2009

fair enough

hello dear friends,

oh and might i thank you for all the helpful advice you posted in the comment section on my last entry during my latest breakdown. now that my life has been all sorted out (read: same as before) and i am free of that burden i can move on to other topics.

such as, oh say the things that i have been doing on my break during school:

trying to get the spanish department to approve my "studies" in guatemala this summer

trying to get the religious studies department to approve my moving into the new century college

trying to get the math department to reevaluate a course i took at cu for credit

realizing that not a single person that i need to speak to is available - with the exception of the woman at cu who apparently read her job description upon being hired and has decided to do what it is she is being paid to

thinking about all of these new reasons in which i am horribly and utterly depressed about going to this community college university

enjoyed a delicious 90 calorie special k bar (strawberry flavor)

decided to do something productive - so i spent the amount of time i was supposed to be advancing my academic career before my most useless of my useless classes jewing out

jewing out in general could mean, oh just a plethora of things - from perhaps praying, to speaking hebrew, to making brisket, or finding the affikoman. in my particular case it included:

updating my birthright staff application for summer (im sure i have time to go to israel before i go to guatemala right)
signing up to (wo)man* the phones at the DCJCC this sunday afternoon for super sunday (please DO donate, please DO NOT stalk)
joining a jewish social networking site and selecting interesting groups to be a part of (adventurous eaters!)
trying to convince friends (lets be real, friend) to go see one of theater js productions this weekend
reserving myself a spot in a mission to dc to do a little zion friendly lobbying

oh and lastly, because i just had this absurd amount of time due to the ambivalence of the people supposedly helping me shape my future and ran out of jewish ideas (who knew that was possible) i created a loose itinerary for my impending spring break trip to chicago:

ive been to the windy city quite a few times, seeing as my mother is a native chicagoan - but my three friends have not. so ive taken it upon myself (this is me pretending that i wouldnt have listed and listen and listed had my friends been born at the top of the hancock) to put together the REAL chicago experience

i figure we'll hit the big things: shedd aquarium, second city, millennium park, pizza, dogs, architecture tour, walker bros, etc...

but what else? fun bars, restaurants, things to do? make me seem like a local whilst i carry around my oversized tourist camera and speak in a decidedly mid-atlantic lilt.
come on friends dont let me down, i know you can do it


CHICAGO! (well the part of it that didnt get cut off)



*i am not a feminist, this is in fact a joke

Anne

1 comment:

  1. a) you could totally sometimes maybe pass for a feminist
    b) glad to be your "a friend"
    c) hurray for jewy things in all their glory
    d) speaking of jewy: avodah has 2 houses & 14 people living in chicago. they're awesome! i can find out from them the "real chicago" scoop. when are you going? call me!
    e) i should stop reading your blog and go to bed. damn you for being interesting!

    ReplyDelete